This little girl is almost 27 months old. She was very cognizant of Christmas this year, which made it really fun. Her favorite Christmas songs were Deck the Halls and Jingle Bells. She was very sad when we took down the tree about a week ago. She recovered by listening to her device that looks like an iPhone but is really an old iPod. Her favorite songs are Baby Beluga and Down By the Bay, both by Raffi. But she is also a big fan of Outkast since the time she was a baby. She knows how to get on her device and find Hey Ya! What is funny is after that she usually listens to something from Les Miserables. So overall, her tastes are quite eclectic.
She is also in the stage of lining things up. Hence, the lego gallery. She started playing with legos when she was with her father in church. Another father there had legos for his child and he shared a few with Hannah. She was hooked. We went and bought her a small set soon after and then more for Christmas from us and from her grandparents. I used to have to sit with her and make things and she would mostly put them together and take them apart. Then she got into the stage where she wanted to make towers. She took whatever I built and cannibalized it into a tower. More recently, however, she wants all the legos in the first place. And she makes things that are still towers, as you can see, but there is not just one big one. She makes decisions about what to build and how high and so forth.
The little baby is Zachary. He is my baby doll from my childhood. I was going to give him to goodwill when I got married, but my husband talked me in to keeping him. Hannah found him in a box when we were moving around things in the garage and she fell in love. She calls him Sacawee. We bathed him and bought him new doll diapers and found outfits for newborns and premies on clearance. She carries him around rocking him and she talks to him. She instructs him to be careful and if she thinks he might fall she grabs him and holds him tight and says "It's okay. I've got you." Obviously, I am so glad I kept him.
She is also in the stage of lining things up. Hence, the lego gallery. She started playing with legos when she was with her father in church. Another father there had legos for his child and he shared a few with Hannah. She was hooked. We went and bought her a small set soon after and then more for Christmas from us and from her grandparents. I used to have to sit with her and make things and she would mostly put them together and take them apart. Then she got into the stage where she wanted to make towers. She took whatever I built and cannibalized it into a tower. More recently, however, she wants all the legos in the first place. And she makes things that are still towers, as you can see, but there is not just one big one. She makes decisions about what to build and how high and so forth.
The little baby is Zachary. He is my baby doll from my childhood. I was going to give him to goodwill when I got married, but my husband talked me in to keeping him. Hannah found him in a box when we were moving around things in the garage and she fell in love. She calls him Sacawee. We bathed him and bought him new doll diapers and found outfits for newborns and premies on clearance. She carries him around rocking him and she talks to him. She instructs him to be careful and if she thinks he might fall she grabs him and holds him tight and says "It's okay. I've got you." Obviously, I am so glad I kept him.
The dog is a Furreal dog that I bought her when she turned one because it looked like my mother-in-law's dog. It yips at you and will move its head. Confession: this is the third dog. since it is mechanical, you can't wash it, so I buy a new one and throw the old one away when it gets really icky. So far, she hasn't seemed to notice. Her other animals survive the washer just fine.
She is trying to assert herself as a child who is too old to nap. She plays in her room and knocks on her window to get the attention of the little boys next door when we try to put her down. In the evening after dinner, she crawls on my lap and falls asleep watching television instead.
So that's the lowdown on little Hannah for now. She is a pretty typical little girl.
Comments