
Hannah was born during the Halloween season. At first I was really excited about this, but I have come to see how difficult it is to celebrate a birthday around a major holiday. In previous years, I have tried to throw parties, but there are always too many festivities and with the Kansas City Royals in the World Series there were even more evening and weekend events than usual competing for attention.
But I was able to take cupcakes to her preschool class, which was very fun. We made them the night before and I taught a class and then took them to school. I actually shared snack time with the kids and took a few photos of Hannah. Then I left until preschool was finished.

That night we went to a restaurant of her choosing, which served Mexican food. She likes it because she gets a balloon there. When we got back home we ate her cake and let her open her presents. Hannah gave me strict instructions to make her cake a surprise, so I made it at 11 pm after she had gone to bed and frosted it the next morning. It turned out pretty good, I thought.
A couple of days later, we went to the doctor and the doctor said she was perfect.



Comments