Here lies my most recent pair of glasses. I have had prescription eyeglasses since I was in seventh grade. I probably needed them with I was in fifth or sixth. I started wearing contacts in tenth grade. Over the years my prescription slipped to about 20/500. I decided to have laser vision correction. I had to wear my glasses for a little over three weeks while the blood vessels that had grown on my eyes from contact lens wear, dissappated and my tear ducts started working optimally again. They performed the surgery in Salt Lake on Thursday. I got to hold a teddy bear while they cut open my eyes and shot a laser into them. When they finished, my vision was 20/30. People told me that it would not hurt, but it did after the numbing drops wore off and my eyes were extremely light sensitive. It was so painful. I took some pain medicaton and went to bed and when I woke up 12 hours later, I felt amazing. And even better, I could see. When I went to the doctor 22 hours after the surgery for a follow-up, I could see 20/15 and my eyes were 90 percent healed. I cannot remember ever seeing this well. Many of my students have been fascinated with the process. My ESL students were worried. I told them that since they were my first class of the day, they would be the ones I saw first with my improved eyes. I am excited to see all of my wonderful students on Monday.
Here lies my most recent pair of glasses. I have had prescription eyeglasses since I was in seventh grade. I probably needed them with I was in fifth or sixth. I started wearing contacts in tenth grade. Over the years my prescription slipped to about 20/500. I decided to have laser vision correction. I had to wear my glasses for a little over three weeks while the blood vessels that had grown on my eyes from contact lens wear, dissappated and my tear ducts started working optimally again. They performed the surgery in Salt Lake on Thursday. I got to hold a teddy bear while they cut open my eyes and shot a laser into them. When they finished, my vision was 20/30. People told me that it would not hurt, but it did after the numbing drops wore off and my eyes were extremely light sensitive. It was so painful. I took some pain medicaton and went to bed and when I woke up 12 hours later, I felt amazing. And even better, I could see. When I went to the doctor 22 hours after the surgery for a follow-up, I could see 20/15 and my eyes were 90 percent healed. I cannot remember ever seeing this well. Many of my students have been fascinated with the process. My ESL students were worried. I told them that since they were my first class of the day, they would be the ones I saw first with my improved eyes. I am excited to see all of my wonderful students on Monday.
Comments