You can learn a lot of things from the flowers. Especially in the month of June.
The Powell Botanical Gardens are about an hour away from where we live. About a week ago, I found them on the Internet and decided to take a Friday off of work and head out to see stuff since I was done with my PhD.
There were lots of pretty flowers.
It was hot, but not awful outside and there were lots of shaded areas.
My favorite spot was a place mostly enclosed with greenery where there was a rushing brook moving through. We took a picture on the bridge.

Here is part of the brook.
I also liked the waterfall at the end of the trail.
As a bonus, a local paleontological artist had made about dozen life-life sculptures of dinosaurs that were set up around the gardens. Hannah really enjoyed these.
Here we are in front of the tyrannosaurus rex. He is about to eat us, but we don't seem too concerned.
I was much more scared of this baby brontosaurus. Look at that face. What a roar!
It took Hannah a moment to realize that the dinosaurs were fake, but the geese were real.
The Powell Botanical Gardens are about an hour away from where we live. About a week ago, I found them on the Internet and decided to take a Friday off of work and head out to see stuff since I was done with my PhD.
There were lots of pretty flowers.
It was hot, but not awful outside and there were lots of shaded areas.
My favorite spot was a place mostly enclosed with greenery where there was a rushing brook moving through. We took a picture on the bridge.

Here is part of the brook.
I also liked the waterfall at the end of the trail.
As a bonus, a local paleontological artist had made about dozen life-life sculptures of dinosaurs that were set up around the gardens. Hannah really enjoyed these.
Here we are in front of the tyrannosaurus rex. He is about to eat us, but we don't seem too concerned.
I was much more scared of this baby brontosaurus. Look at that face. What a roar!
It took Hannah a moment to realize that the dinosaurs were fake, but the geese were real.









Comments