We were gone on our trip on the 4th of July, but on the 5th we had barbecue chicken and this amazing stars and stripes pie I found in some stuff my mom sent me on Pinterest.
When we returned we also had a lot of errands to run. One of them was to pay Hannah's preschool tuition for the upcoming year. So we stopped by the Arts Center to do just that and Hannah saw an interactive X-wing exhibit.
We do live in the Midwest, so this is the time of the year for big storms. Here's another poor tree. I didn't witness its demise this time.
Over the weekend Hannah and I got haircuts and went shopping. Then we went out to by boss' house in Topeka for a pool party. Hannah jumped in the 5 foot deep end before I could get my shorts and t-shirt off and get in with her. Of course, she started to panic and slosh in the water. Luckily another parent already in the pool pulled her out. Still fearless, she put on a life jacket and got right back in, but I was able to keep her in the shallow end.
She did some good floating though.
And played with lots of toys.
I was in the pool with her most of the time, but I did get out to take the pics. There are also other children and adults in the pool, but I cropped them out. There were actually like about 50 people at this party.
Here she is relaxing poolside.
Here I am relaxing poolside. I used about a gallon of sunscreen to try to keep from burning. When I got home I had red patches on the tops of my shoulders, but not full on burns. Hannah had no red whatsoever.
Here's Hannah negotiating to get back in the pool. I love her little face.
And it wouldn't be a party without cake. And if Hannah eats your cake, she can't do it without making a messy face.











Comments