While Brian and I presented, Brian's parents hung out with her San Francisco. She knows them very well because they stayed with us for almost a year when she was born and they Skype with her at least once a day. Still, when we arrived on the plane, it took Hannah a minute to realize who they were. After that minute, she and her grandmother were fast friends.
Hannah wanted to run and play everywhere she went. She also likes necklaces. She broke a few of mine and so we got her some of her own that were much cheaper. She also likes to have her toenails painted, her feet rubbed with lotion, and her hair brushed. Who doesn't?
On the far left is Dr. Hamilton who is Brian and my doctoral academic adviser. She also loves Hannah and Hannah loves her. Hannah calls her grandma and we let her because it seems pretentious to make her call her "Dr. Hamilton." The next person is Dr. Pinnegar, who was my master's thesis adviser at BYU. She loves Hannah as well and supplements her wardrobe extensively. When Hannah was a little baby, I used to give her Dr. Pinnegar so I could go present and so she is always worried that when Dr. Pinnegar is around I am going to leave her. The next person is Dr. Murphy. He is a professor in Canada and we know him through the Self-Study of Practice academic community. When he found out I was pregnant with Hannah, he went out and bought her a little onesie with a Moose on it. He is a math teacher educator and so it is fitting that he also gave Hannah her first counting book. Together, we gave a presentation on some research we did collectively.
Here I am giving my speech at the conference. I was late because I got my shoe caught in the street where the cable runs by for the trolley but people were understanding and the talk went well.



Comments