We celebrated Pioneer Day this year by making a chocolate cake in the shape of a wagon wheel. Hannah made the cake. I did what I usually do and got all the eggs cracked and oil poured and then turned on the mixer and she dumped the stuff in. This time she even dumped in the mix. When she got done helping, she climbed down from the chair shouting "I made it, I made it."
We heard that some church people were having a lunch together in a park and so we bought a chicken sandwich from Sonic and went to join them, but we couldn't find the park before I had to go to work. When I got home from work, I made Johnnycake (cornbread) and Brian made a bacon gravy for it. We had chicken and cornbread with gravy and hardtack. I had never made hardtack before. It is like a cross between a cracker and a biscuit. It tasted really good with jam on it.
Hannah wore her pioneer bonnet we got her in Hannibal, Missouri when we were there in May. She wore it while playing Legos and watching Curious George on my laptop.
Last week, I made Hannah a skirt. A very Pioneer thing to do I think. Hannah picked the material at the store and she milled about while I sewed it. She wore it to church.
We heard that some church people were having a lunch together in a park and so we bought a chicken sandwich from Sonic and went to join them, but we couldn't find the park before I had to go to work. When I got home from work, I made Johnnycake (cornbread) and Brian made a bacon gravy for it. We had chicken and cornbread with gravy and hardtack. I had never made hardtack before. It is like a cross between a cracker and a biscuit. It tasted really good with jam on it.
Hannah wore her pioneer bonnet we got her in Hannibal, Missouri when we were there in May. She wore it while playing Legos and watching Curious George on my laptop.
Last week, I made Hannah a skirt. A very Pioneer thing to do I think. Hannah picked the material at the store and she milled about while I sewed it. She wore it to church.

Comments
Hannah is the prettiest little girl I have ever seen. I am not even bias being that I am her Aunt.
Also, I love her skirt!