Twelve years ago today Brian and I were married in Oakland, California. We don't usually make too big of a deal about it. Instead, we sit around and talk about the stuff we wish would do. It is so much less expensive. Honestly, Brian and I have been able to things and go places beyond my wildest dreams so I always feel good about having a modest dinner and calling it good.
This year Hannah got invited to a birthday party where they had swimming and cake and pizza, so it seemed like an extravaganza to us. She had been asking if it was time to go the party for the last two weeks.
We played on the toys.
Then we had some cake.
Then we played in the pool. This was her first time in a public pool. She has been in a wading pool and a shallow creek previously.
One of the other moms lent Hannah these goggles. She really enjoyed them.
I went out and watched Hannah and played with her in the pool and Brian took the photos.
When it was time to leave, she was very mad. She pouted all the way home. Can you see her teary little eyes?
We all went home and took a nap. Then we took showers, got dressed and went to a Greek restaurant in downtown Lawrence. While we waited for a table, Hannah played with her Jane Austen action figure. I am so pleased that she loves Jane so much.
I had Dolmans (sirloin wrapped in grape leaves with a lemon sauce drizzled over the top). Brian had gyro meat with rice and falafel. Hannah enjoyed eating pita bread and rice.
Post-meal family pic.
I did get around to making a cake this year. Hannah helped me by pouring the ingredients into the mixer and watching the over bake it. These are her usual cake helping jobs. Notice my awesome decorating scheme--a bunch of 12s in various sizes and of varying legibility. I don't know how I come up with this brilliant stuff. :)

The cake was very moist. Hannah had been begging since she saw it in the fridge in the afternoon. She ate every crumb and licked her fingers.



Comments