The second day of the Castle Conference is an afternoon off. The organizers always offer a bus tour, people can find their own way, or they can stay behind. In the past, Brian and I have taken a day trips to Brighton and Portsmouth. This year, we went to Hastings.
Here I am sitting on a rock on the castle grounds.
King Brian entering the great hall.
Brian loved the caves and I liked them. I thought they were cold. But the exhibits were animated and the attraction has the right amount of information--enough that I can learn something, but not so much that I am overwhelmed.
Here's some smugglers.
Here is a carving. They are all over the cave. They aren't sure who made all of them.
My favorite part was the sea. I have been to a lot of coasts, but my favorite is the South Coast of England. The water is warm and beautiful. The coast is clean. There is no fishy smell. The water is unencumbered by boats and so forth.



Comments