As a graduate student bring married and then having a small child has been really convenient because everyone forgives you for not being a social animal.
Where's Waldo?
We had rolling starts, so we finally got going after about a half hour. There were just over 4 thousand runners.
The Laird and his Lass.
The other players. High scorer got 400 points.
But Saturday, I did not one, but two social things.
First was the Lawrence Color Run 2014. I had done one in May with my sister and her family and posted pictures of it on Facebook and so my Bishop invited me to sign up with him so that we all could get a discount price. He also invited several other people, including another woman in our ward that I have run with on occasion. Brian sat this one out, except to take pictures.
Hannah was the most enthusiastic.
Hannah was the most enthusiastic.
Where's Waldo?
We had rolling starts, so we finally got going after about a half hour. There were just over 4 thousand runners.
Here we are all done. I wore my BYU beanie and so my hair did better. Last time I was washing green cornstarch out of it for a week.
We came home afterword and ate a hamburger and put Hannah down for a little nap. Then Brian and I donned our kilts that we bought in Scotland and went to a Bunco party thrown by a family that lives about two streets away. Some kind teenaged girls in the neighborhood took Hannah off our hands while we played.
I had never played Bunco before and neither had Brian, but he looked up Bunco on the Internet and read about how to play. Basically you roll dice and try to get certain rolls for points. I suck at rolling dice. Brian spent the whole night at the high tables (I credit his past employment in a casino for this) and I set up shop at tables 5 and 6, losing almost every round. When the night was over, I had 218 points, which won me the prize for the lowest score of the evening. I really did get a prize. As a comparison, Brian's score was almost 350. But the people were nice and the conversation was pleasant and even though I have no talent for Bunco, I enjoyed myself quite a lot.
The other players. High scorer got 400 points.
Here is a better look at the mural from the decor. It has the last names of all the people who came. I thought this was pretty neat.

Comments