Hannah is old enough to participate fully in Father's Day. So this year I let her help pick the gifts and supervised her making a card. She gave her dad a tie, tie tack from his mission, and a Star Wars children's book that they could read together.
I even thought I would let her wrap the presents. She still needs some practice, but she did have fun. We wrapped the stuff on Saturday and I thought her little heart was going to burst over the next 18 hours. It took everything in her not to tell her dad that she had a present for him and what it was.
Here is the card she made. She put four heart stickers and wrote her dad a note. She also put to great big Hs for Hannah. I was impressed. I didn't tell her to do this. Hopefully the rest of her name will come quickly.
At church Hannah went up to sing the Father's Day song with the other children, but they tried to get her to stand in a crowd of people and she recoiled and so they stuck her on the very end in front of the steps by herself. She stood there during the song, but did not sing. It is interesting how discomfiting something like going up front to sing really is.
We made chicken curry with pineapple and peppers for dinner. Hannah hung out in the kitchen while I made the food but I wouldn't let her slice anything.
I even thought I would let her wrap the presents. She still needs some practice, but she did have fun. We wrapped the stuff on Saturday and I thought her little heart was going to burst over the next 18 hours. It took everything in her not to tell her dad that she had a present for him and what it was.
Here is the card she made. She put four heart stickers and wrote her dad a note. She also put to great big Hs for Hannah. I was impressed. I didn't tell her to do this. Hopefully the rest of her name will come quickly.
At church Hannah went up to sing the Father's Day song with the other children, but they tried to get her to stand in a crowd of people and she recoiled and so they stuck her on the very end in front of the steps by herself. She stood there during the song, but did not sing. It is interesting how discomfiting something like going up front to sing really is.
We made chicken curry with pineapple and peppers for dinner. Hannah hung out in the kitchen while I made the food but I wouldn't let her slice anything.




Comments