It was a really rainy spring and there are still storms every week. Here's the storm coming in about 4 p.m. today at the edge of Lawrence.
About 20 minutes later, here is the view looking straight up from my house. Soon after this, it started raining.
When I went back inside the tornado warnings were on the television. The picture below is from last week when a twister touched down in a Kansas City outskirt called Lee' Summit.
Apparently a tornado did touch down about five miles from us. It headed east. When I looked on the Internet to find a picture, there was this one below. I don't know if it is one from our area today for sure. If I find something better I will take it down and repost something. This does look like the right highway though.
Independence Day was spent reading, working on the dissertation, and making a little shopping trip. Brian made some hamburgers on the grill and we had blueberry, whipped cream, and raspberry layer parfaits for dessert.




Comments