The Saturday after Thanksgiving I took Hannah to a breakfast where Santa was the honored guest. The child ahead of her said he wanted a trampoline for Christmas and so when Hannah got on the jolly old elf's lap she said she wanted one too. Then when she got off, she started crying because she realized she didn't know what a trampoline was and she really wanted other stuff. I told her she could write him a letter and make the correction, but that would not do. So we waited 35 more minutes after all of the other children had visited The Claus so that she could amend her Christmas wish. It was worth it.
While sitting at the breakfast, she colored a picture and we listened to carolers.
Back at home, she decorated a tree she picked out from the craft store and hung the ornaments all by herself.
The next Tuesday, I took her to the festival of trees. There were lots of traditional trees and some very modern ones. Here is a glass bottle tree.
Sesame Street. Hannah said this one was her favorite.
A tree with a village inside.
A bicycle tree.
A wedding dress tree.
A view of some of the trees from the balcony. I didn't know, but Hannah's class had a trip planned to see the trees too. When I dropped her off, I found out. I took her to the bathroom before they left because you don't want to take a school trip without going potty first and she asked me to come. I had a meeting at 2:40 pm and it was 1:20 pm. I was hoping I could make it to the trees and back to my car for my meeting by 2:20 pm. I did, but barely. It was good to see them again.
Here we are on the field trip.
The next night we made a chocolate cake for a class party and I siphoned some off for Hannah. Both cakes turned out beautiful. Here is Hannah's.
This past Tuesday we went Christmas shopping. Before we went, I had a meeting at the university and I brought her to campus. She sat very quickly for over an hour and when we got done, I bought her a cookie, took her to lunch and then let her ride this "mover" (that's what she calls these rides).
Last night we made a gingerbread house from a kit. I quite enjoyed it. We ordered a pizza and worked on it. Then when the pizza came we ate. Afterward, we worked some more. I think it turned out wonderfully.
Tonight we wrapped presents. No pictures. I would not want to spoil surprises. And now, we are ready for Christmas!













Comments