Well, the rest of Christmas Break was busy. It was cold and snowy, I went to Indianapolis to visit my sister and her family and then a week later I went out west again to do dissertation research. Since then, the semester had started and I have been traveling around quite a bit particularly on the East coast. I have not been taking pictures really either.
Hannah did manage to have her first dental appointment. She go a cleaning and they showed her how to floss. She did a really good job of sitting still in the chair.
She goes to a preschool that brought in a puppeteer as a fundraiser and so I took her to the show and then we went to lunch at Arby's. The show was fun, but it was more fun to watch Hannah watch the show.
I have been writing my dissertation and I am about 100 pages in. That's probably about halfway through the writing. The study is done. The data are analyzed. It's really just a matter of getting the document written. I was told that the hardest parts of a doctoral program are the first year, the comprehensive exams and finishing the dissertation (not so much starting, but finishing). I have found this to be true mostly because there are so many temptations of time. I made a pact with myself though that I was going to write 3-5 pages a day and I have been doing well at that. I have done as many as 9 pages in a day, but that is really all I can do. I was actually hoping to be finished by now, but I am not. I feel like I am going to have a huge chunk for my chair by next week though and then hopefully I can get the full draft my March 1.


Comments