After I returned from Washington DC I had about 36 hours at home. During that time, I exercised, did laundry and rented a car to drive to the annual meeting of the Council of Exceptional Children in St. Louis. The University of Kansas paid for me to rent a car because they have some deal with a rental company. When I got there to pick up my Chevy Malibu they didn't have one. So I took this RAM1500 instead. It was really a good truck to drive. I have never comfortable on a car drive before and I finally was.
Picking up the RAM.
Stopping at Sonic on the way home to revel in the fact that I had a RAM.
The view of Busch stadium from my hotel room.
Walking to the conference.
Better view of the arch. I had been inside before so I didn't do that this time.
Decided to take in a Cards game while I was there. They were playing the Reds.
Good game, actually. There were like about 8 home runs. Lots of cheering. Game didn't last too long.
They were giving away replicas of Busch stadium and we got one.
Taking back the truck after getting back to Lawrence. It was painful. See the grimace behind the smile?
I'm not a big pamper myself person, but when I returned I was pretty run down so I decided to get a pedicure. I also fell down some stairs and my legs look fine, but I can still feel bruising so I paid for the hot stone calf massage. It's good to be home. Glad that I don't have to do any more academic travel for ... about a month.
Picking up the RAM.
Stopping at Sonic on the way home to revel in the fact that I had a RAM.
Walking to the conference.
Better view of the arch. I had been inside before so I didn't do that this time.
Good game, actually. There were like about 8 home runs. Lots of cheering. Game didn't last too long.
Brian and Hannah were able to join me at the game. Hannah liked the fireworks from the home runs. She also took a nap through several of the middle innings.
They were giving away replicas of Busch stadium and we got one.
Taking back the truck after getting back to Lawrence. It was painful. See the grimace behind the smile?
I'm not a big pamper myself person, but when I returned I was pretty run down so I decided to get a pedicure. I also fell down some stairs and my legs look fine, but I can still feel bruising so I paid for the hot stone calf massage. It's good to be home. Glad that I don't have to do any more academic travel for ... about a month.







Comments