Hannah's preschool has a bear that they send home with the kids. It was her turn to get the bear on Monday, but the child who was supposed to bring it back, did not. She was so sad when I picked her up. I tried to distract her by getting her to show me her craft from the day, but she was still upset. 

At the store, we found a $10 giant bunny and we bought it as consolation. She now keeps with with another one that her Grandma Aldred sent to her.
On Wednesday, the Bear was finally in Hannah's possession. She wrote in the class diary about her experiences with bear. They rode in the truck and watched YouTube.
They also read together. The book she is reading is about a bear. Corderoy.
She and Bear also ate macaroni and cheese together on Thursday and they did art amidst the packing for moving we were doing.
Her egg turned out very nicely. Bear did not get injured. He went back to class on Friday to go home with another child.
Her sadness really resonated with me. I have this sense of fairness that relies on other people being conscientious and when I get disappointed over it, I hurt a lot. There was a lot of drama about Bear, but I think it was important to let her be upset, to console her within my control, and then also remind her that she does have advantages some people don't have so not to get too bogged in what was fair and what was not. Overall, I think we all learned.





Comments