She had cupcakes at school for her birthday. I forgot to take a picture of the kids passing them out and eating them. They were also celebrating Halloween at school so she got some fangs. I always hated stuff like that, but she loved them.
She put them right back in when she got home.
Besides Hannah's birthday and Halloween they had an end of term assembly. Hannah got two awards. One for math and one for perfect attendance. She actually didn't have perfect attendance. She missed two days and the school called me 40 times to check on her. But they must have forgotten and here is her award. The other is for math. In her class, she is light years ahead of her peers in math and the only one who can read.
Hannahween continued the next day with a visit to Chuck-E-Cheese. I feel bad that I don't have friends with children and so I can't throw her parties with lots of kids, but she was a good sport.
I bought her 10 dollars' worth of games and she won several hundred tickets after eating.
The next day was truck-or-treat at church. Hannah and I went to store called Tuesday Morning and rifled through the costumes after looking for an hour at Target. She just didn't have an idea of what she wanted to be this year. While we were at Tuesday Morning, she saw this Fire Chief costume and had to have it. Luckily, right after she got it, the Fire Safety people came to school. They gave her some additional gear and a calendar.
There were more people at the church than in other places I have lived. And more people dressing up their trunks.
The activity started at 5:30 and we were done in 15 minutes and so that was good too.
She was able to solicit candy and say thank you on her own this year too.
And people really liked her costume. How can you go wrong dressed as a first responder?
On Halloween, she went out again to about 15 houses. She was very emboldened in that situation as well. People were nice and gave candy. We had trick-or-treaters too. More than we have had in 10 years. And now, on to Thanksgiving!











Comments