On December 23, we had a special pancake breakfast.
Red and green flapjacks
Scrambled eggs
For Christmas Eve, we cooked two pizzas we bought the day before and had a program designed by Hannah.
Opening
Song
Picture a Christmas
Drawing
Activity
Stable and Manger
Intermediate
Song
Feliz Navidad
Story
Time
Christmas Story
Closing
Song
Jingle Bells
Closing
Prayer
Gift
Exchange
Movie
Beauty and the Beast Christmas
The next day we found some gifts had been left for us and we opened the rest of what was under the tree. I get up about 7 a.m. no matter what day it is or what my obligations are, but everyone else will stay in bed until about 10 if there is no where to go. It was a long three hours waiting this year, but I made it.
The menu for Christmas Dinner included:
Seasoned, slow-cooked roast beef
Sweet potatoes in a honey and ginger sauce
Thai wild jasmine rice
Cranberry apple chutney
Homemade rolls with Irish butter
Chocolate fudge pie with whipped cream
The rest of the week we ate our leftovers.
That afternoon we took a stroll to the nearby park. It was 65 degrees. The mornings are cold here (25F) but the afternoons still get into the 50s most days.
That afternoon we took a stroll to the nearby park. It was 65 degrees. The mornings are cold here (25F) but the afternoons still get into the 50s most days.
On Tuesday we went to a moooovie. The Story of Ferdinand. We liked it. Wednesday was our Boxing Day where we made our returns. On Thursday, I went onto campus to meet a student.
By the time New Year's Eve rolled around, we were ready to go again. In the morning, I made Maple scones. Dinner was a little fancier.
Teriyaki chicken
Fried rice
Chicken egg rolls
Seasoned vegetables
Gingerbread cake with vanilla bean ice cream.
I made the cake in the crock pot. It turned really good.
Gingerbread cake with vanilla bean ice cream.
I made the cake in the crock pot. It turned really good.
We had another program. Again designed by Hannah.
New Year’s Game
Dinosaur Escape
Magic Show
The Great Handini
Movie
The Great Handini
Movie
Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
New Year’s Countdown
Supported by Party Horns, Maracas, and Apple Juice
On January 2, we went to Star Wars. With the previews, it was such a long movie. There were three plot prongs and one was unnecessary and I didn't like some of the characters, but now we have seen it. School resumed January 3 for kids and will resume January 8 for mom.





















Comments