Not long after school got out we went to Utah to see family.
The first week of June, Hannah had summer camp. She went to a bilingual science camp called Crazy Colors. She learned lots of Spanish as also did stuff with the physics, chemistry, biology all related to colors. Before dropping her off to camp, we picnicked in a lush green space downtown. Huge grassy areas are rare to New Mexico and therefore, all the more treasured.
Here is the camper on her first day. She really had a ton of fun and we plan to look for something similar in the future.
The week after her camp, I taught a class on campus. It was about assessment. I have taught this sort of class before, but not for several years because I was assigned research in graduate school rather than teaching. The teaching did was all linguistics.
But I had a lot of fun with the teachers in the class. They were kind and hard working even though 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for a week is a grueling schedule, I was sad when it was over.
The week after my class ended, Hannah went to her first birthday party in Albuquerque. There is a park literally one block from us, which served as the party space. There was a candy.
There were balloon animals.
And there were water balloons. Lots of them.
When I got paid, we decided we all deserved a little treat so we went to the movies. I think I know what Hannah wants to see next.

One of the things we found we all loved doing in Kansas was going to baseball games. We went to several games in Kansas City and then several in St. Louis. I also went to more when I travelled for work and there was a game in the location where I was going. I wouldn't have thought that about myself, but I went with a colleague from work and had such a good time and then I decided it should be a family affair. We were sat to move to New Mexico because there are not close teams.
I was thinking we would have to go to Phoenix to see a game, but Denver is slightly closer. So I watched third-party ticket sites and found some cheap ones. Then, I used my hotel rewards from work travel to book a room and off we went to Colorado at the beginning of July.

The views from Coors field were stunning.
Another thing we all like doing is walking around in the mountains. So we did some hiking.
We went down to Colorado City and then Pike's Peak was not to far away.
By the end of the trip up the mountain, we were all tired, but still happy.
Next on the list is my trip to Europe and Hannah's return to school. When I was young, I just wanted it to stay summer forever. The fall depressed me. I realize now that summer must give way to a season, so we just have to enjoy it while we can.














Comments