We got up this morning just after 11 a.m. Both Brian and I woke up around 7 and I went downstairs to start getting food ready and when I was done Brian was asleep again so I went back to bed too. So 11 was when we started the Christmas fanfare. Hannah is toilet training and so she was not quite ready to open presents, as you will see in the video.
Here is our Christmas feast. I made citrus roast beef in the crock pot. It has lemon, orange, onion, cilantro and parsley. It had a very good subtle flavor. We also had Yukon gold potatoes, mashed potatoes and gravy, homemade cranberry chutney, salad, homemade rolls, lemon pie, and pumpkin cake. Hannah and I made the cake and pie together the day before. These pretty plates were on sale at Kohl's. I kept going to visit them so Brian insisted that we buy a couple of place settings and a platter. I am trying not to accumulate a lot of stuff that could get broken in the post-graduate school move, but these were so gorgeous that I indulged.
Hannah started off with some applesauce a friend of ours at the university made especially for her. She also had some mashed potatoes, but she made a mess requiring a bib change midway through dinner. She ended her feast with some lemon pie.
After dinner we opened some more presents. She became enthralled with these bracelets so we let her stop again. She is busy playing with all of her stuff right now.


Comments