Holiday preparations are in full swing at the Rice house. We decorated our tree after Thanksgiving. Hannah helped by handing us the ornaments. We hung foam ornaments at the bottom of the tree because they get picked off the tree and packed around the house.
This same ornament bandit likes to hide under the tree. I must confess that I participated centrally or peripherally in events on several occasions that led to a fallen tree, so I have it coming. We won't be putting the gifts under either, to keep Hannah from exploding with anticipation. I love presents and I used to count them and shake them in advance of Christmas, so I have that coming too.
Hannah has also been busy teaching her toy kitten to play the piano. She is a very encouraging teacher even though the kitty often plays the wrong notes. Their favorite songs to sing are Deck the Halls and the Jingle Bells. Creative liberties on the tunes are often taken.
I get up at 6 or 7 a.m. to do my homework so that I can go to work or class during the day and then come home and play with Hannah in the afternoons and evenings. Her father does the bulk of his homework on Fridays and Saturdays during the day and Hannah and I leave him to his work and go on a date to look at pretty things in stores and buy groceries. The temperature was about 10 degrees this week so we bundled up.
Hannah has become very adamant about picking her own clothes. This is her outfit for today. It is a purple dress with a gold sweater, cream colored tights, and black shoes.
What a fashionista.
This same ornament bandit likes to hide under the tree. I must confess that I participated centrally or peripherally in events on several occasions that led to a fallen tree, so I have it coming. We won't be putting the gifts under either, to keep Hannah from exploding with anticipation. I love presents and I used to count them and shake them in advance of Christmas, so I have that coming too.
Hannah has also been busy teaching her toy kitten to play the piano. She is a very encouraging teacher even though the kitty often plays the wrong notes. Their favorite songs to sing are Deck the Halls and the Jingle Bells. Creative liberties on the tunes are often taken.
I get up at 6 or 7 a.m. to do my homework so that I can go to work or class during the day and then come home and play with Hannah in the afternoons and evenings. Her father does the bulk of his homework on Fridays and Saturdays during the day and Hannah and I leave him to his work and go on a date to look at pretty things in stores and buy groceries. The temperature was about 10 degrees this week so we bundled up.
Hannah has become very adamant about picking her own clothes. This is her outfit for today. It is a purple dress with a gold sweater, cream colored tights, and black shoes.
What a fashionista.





Comments