The University of Kansas hosted a group of undergraduate students from a university in China. They were here for 8 weeks and I was on the team that hosted them. I was a mentor for their projects and also a teacher. Sometimes I brought Hannah to work with the students when we were talking about language development and self-regulated learning because she is good at both.
They called her Dr. Rice and my group of mentor students was especially sad to leave her.
The last picture she is with them in the dorm at KU. I will show her this when she goes off to college if she is scared. I will tell her that she already mastered dorm life.
Hannah has also just finished participating in a language study at KU. She goes in and works with a professor and a doctoral student. The purpose of the study is to determine how children respond to difficult words when they encounter them in oral language. Hannah was sad the first time because she said that she got a few of the words wrong. Actually, she wasn't supposed to get any of them correct, but I didn't want to her fret and I didn't want to mess with the study too much, so I just told her that it was okay to get words wrong in this work. She was paid with a cash card every time she went and so when people have asked her about school she has been saying that she goes to the Arts Center Preschool and she works for KU. I am hoping that one day I can be as well-respected a scholar as Hannah. :)
They called her Dr. Rice and my group of mentor students was especially sad to leave her.
The last picture she is with them in the dorm at KU. I will show her this when she goes off to college if she is scared. I will tell her that she already mastered dorm life.
Hannah has also just finished participating in a language study at KU. She goes in and works with a professor and a doctoral student. The purpose of the study is to determine how children respond to difficult words when they encounter them in oral language. Hannah was sad the first time because she said that she got a few of the words wrong. Actually, she wasn't supposed to get any of them correct, but I didn't want to her fret and I didn't want to mess with the study too much, so I just told her that it was okay to get words wrong in this work. She was paid with a cash card every time she went and so when people have asked her about school she has been saying that she goes to the Arts Center Preschool and she works for KU. I am hoping that one day I can be as well-respected a scholar as Hannah. :)



Comments