It seems that a post is more than overdue. Since I wrote last, Spring 2017 semester began at KU. I am teaching three classes. Two are for doctoral/masters students and one is undergraduates. Then, I have been working on a grant funded project since I arrived here in 2013 and the funding ended. But we still had some money. So I was asked to lead a team through two more writing projects and I agreed.
Hannah went back to preschool in January as well. She is still having a good time, though not as good as last year. My travel has gone down considerably, which I think has been helpful to all.
We celebrated Chinese New Year by going out for Chinese food. Hannah liked her trainer chopsticks.
She did a good job sitting still and she had beautiful teeth so they gave her an award.
My sister sent me a link to superhero outfits for dolls and I bought one. Hannah likes it. When we play dolls, she is the blonde "super girl" and I am the reddish-headed "batgirl. But when she plays, she prefers batgirl.
Hannah also continues to leave delightful works of engineering throughout the house. She likes making buildings and robots.
Last week, I had to take her work with me for a little while. I don't like taking my child to work because of germs and because non-students/non-employees are not covered by university hazard insurance, and because people bring guns to college campuses these days and shoot people. It is also hard for kids to find things to do, but I had to bring her. Just as I get her in my office, my colleague wants to meet. So I leave her and tell her to draw dinosaurs and be quiet and I would be down the hall.
So that should just about catch us up. We will have a busy spring and summer. St. Patrick's Day is coming. My April conference travel extravaganza is imminent. We all have some new opportunities. And I hope to write more soon.
Hannah went back to preschool in January as well. She is still having a good time, though not as good as last year. My travel has gone down considerably, which I think has been helpful to all.
Hannah also went to the dentist and got her teeth cleaned.
She did a good job sitting still and she had beautiful teeth so they gave her an award.
My sister sent me a link to superhero outfits for dolls and I bought one. Hannah likes it. When we play dolls, she is the blonde "super girl" and I am the reddish-headed "batgirl. But when she plays, she prefers batgirl.
Hannah also continues to leave delightful works of engineering throughout the house. She likes making buildings and robots.
Last week, I had to take her work with me for a little while. I don't like taking my child to work because of germs and because non-students/non-employees are not covered by university hazard insurance, and because people bring guns to college campuses these days and shoot people. It is also hard for kids to find things to do, but I had to bring her. Just as I get her in my office, my colleague wants to meet. So I leave her and tell her to draw dinosaurs and be quiet and I would be down the hall.
So she wanders into my colleague's office and asks him if he will teach her about ancient Egypt. So he showed her how to do pyramids. The pyramid on the lower left was completely drawn by Hannah. He was impressed and took the pictures.
Friday was pajama day preschool so the kids did their art in their PJs and they made pancakes. I went with Hannah to preschool and helped her classmates with their art for a while and then I buttered and cut the pancakes for the children who wanted assistance. I also served fruit. Hannah wore her Cath Kidston nocturnal ensemble I bought her while I was in London last time. Those things are on the more expensive side, but I really love her designs. She wore pigtails and was cute. It was good day.
So that should just about catch us up. We will have a busy spring and summer. St. Patrick's Day is coming. My April conference travel extravaganza is imminent. We all have some new opportunities. And I hope to write more soon.








Comments