Usually I work all or most of spring break. This year was no exception. Monday was filled with meetings and Tuesday we were cleaning the house to get it ready for sale. The rest of the week we did go some places in between phone calls and teleconferences for work.
One of the places we went was Adam-ondi-Ahman. This is the place where Adam and Eve dwelt after they were banned from the Garden of Eden. It was windy and cold, dreary even. And there is farmland, but it is rocky and difficult to cultivate. There are some nice lookouts, however.
Through the rocks, some plants have managed to grow.
Hannah liked the little bit of a hike and once we had our beanies on, we did fine.
We also went to Haun's Mill Massacre site. There is nothing there but a pole in the ground.
Hannah took her bike in the truck and rode it around at the Mill site. It was difficult to pedal through the powder, though.
Here is the marker commemorating the massacre.
There are beautiful trees and wooded area the surrounds the open clearing. A river runs to the side, which is why they could build a mill, a blacksmith shop and a few other dwellings.
And I found a quilting store out in rural Missouri with beautiful fabric. All of my sewing stuff is packed and I should not have bought more, but I did anyway.
And that was spring break. Hannah went back to school on Monday. I resumed a full work schedule and teaching my classes. But it was fun. The funnest thing for me anymore is to not have to go anywhere.
One of the places we went was Adam-ondi-Ahman. This is the place where Adam and Eve dwelt after they were banned from the Garden of Eden. It was windy and cold, dreary even. And there is farmland, but it is rocky and difficult to cultivate. There are some nice lookouts, however.
Through the rocks, some plants have managed to grow.
Several altars are believed to have been built there, but they were supposedly huge. Even so, there are many stacks of rocks.
Hannah liked the little bit of a hike and once we had our beanies on, we did fine.
We also went to Haun's Mill Massacre site. There is nothing there but a pole in the ground.
Hannah took her bike in the truck and rode it around at the Mill site. It was difficult to pedal through the powder, though.
Here is the marker commemorating the massacre.
There are beautiful trees and wooded area the surrounds the open clearing. A river runs to the side, which is why they could build a mill, a blacksmith shop and a few other dwellings.
We also saw Beauty and the Best in 3D. I had never seen a Disney Live Action remake in a theater before, so we went all out. Afterward, we had Greek food for lunch. It was really good.
And I found a quilting store out in rural Missouri with beautiful fabric. All of my sewing stuff is packed and I should not have bought more, but I did anyway.
And that was spring break. Hannah went back to school on Monday. I resumed a full work schedule and teaching my classes. But it was fun. The funnest thing for me anymore is to not have to go anywhere.










Comments