I planted some tomatoes this year like I usually do, but I also planted basil, parsley, cilantro, mint, and some peppers. I put them in pots to keep the rabbits from eating them, but I also bring them in the house whenever we have a frost warning (yes, we are still getting those) and the pots greatly facilitate that.
I was able to start harvesting some of the herbs this week. Hannah helped by holding the tray while I cut.
I used them to make a homemade pesto sauce at the suggestion of my friend Kate. I left the sauce a little thicker and we used it to make these yummy chicken sandwiches with some homemade wheat rolls I made earlier in the week. We really enjoyed these. It was nice to have some time to make something.
Monday we went to Target. Brian pushed her over to the bakery section and she sat in the cart singing Do You Know the Muffin Man? The baker came out smiling and gave her a chocolate chip cookie. She savored it all through the store. If you look carefully at this picture you can see the remnants of her cookie as we approached the parking lot.I wish I had taken a picture while she was still eating it. She also has her sticker. When the cashiers see her, they start looking for a sticker. If they don't have one, they go get one or send someone else to find one for her.
I was able to start harvesting some of the herbs this week. Hannah helped by holding the tray while I cut.
I used them to make a homemade pesto sauce at the suggestion of my friend Kate. I left the sauce a little thicker and we used it to make these yummy chicken sandwiches with some homemade wheat rolls I made earlier in the week. We really enjoyed these. It was nice to have some time to make something.
Monday we went to Target. Brian pushed her over to the bakery section and she sat in the cart singing Do You Know the Muffin Man? The baker came out smiling and gave her a chocolate chip cookie. She savored it all through the store. If you look carefully at this picture you can see the remnants of her cookie as we approached the parking lot.I wish I had taken a picture while she was still eating it. She also has her sticker. When the cashiers see her, they start looking for a sticker. If they don't have one, they go get one or send someone else to find one for her.



Comments